Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Winter Legacy -3.2-


Feliz stepped onto her porch in the freezing cold, she was not at all to see Rudolph standing there.
"What the hell are you doing here?" She demanded. "Are you drunk?"
Rudolph smiled dumbly. "Far from drunk. Look I need a huge favor."
Feliz raised an eyebrow. "I'm listening."
"I need you to tell Dad and them that I was drunk so I slept here."
"Rudy, what the hell are you up too."
Rudolph looked around as if he stole something and the police were after him, he pushed his little sister into the house.


"I'm going over to Sylvia's place." He frowned when Feliz's eyes opened up. "Don't look at me like that, you and Navi know all about me and Sylvia. Look, I'm trying my hardest here to make this marriage work, sometimes I just need to go out and take a break from Leia."
"Look, Rudy, you know I love you right? But when the shit hits the fan I don't wanna be caught up in the mess. Do you understand me?"
"Just this once."
"Just this once." Feliz finally agreed.




Rudolph's wife was at home with their son. It was late and her husband wasn't home as yet.  Leia had seen the errors of her ways, being with a man so much younger than her made her feel sexy and vibrant again, but  obviously she couldn't please him. If she could he would be home right now. Unbeknownst to Rudolph, Leia had stopped taking birth control, she knew that her husband loved Cupid, perhaps another baby was all they needed for him to stay with her.

Leigh sighed, suddenly feeling her age. She couldn't have anymore children, menopause hadn't set in as yet but her eggs were dried up. Cupid would be her one and only. She looked into the child's bright green eyes and smiled, the fate of the entire Winter legacy rested on his chubby little shoulders. She had given her husband something that other bimbo didn't: his heir.


Regan was not an evil person but she found herself taking pleasure from her daughter-in-law's misery. Completely disgusted with herself Regan decided that maybe some fresh air would do her good. She left the house and got into a car and drove to Navidad's place. He had called a few days earlier and announced his wife's pregnancy.

Latarsha greeted Regan with a big smile, Regan took a look at the woman's bulging stomach, "Well, aren't you glowing." She ran her hand across the bulge. 



The two women chatted about the new house, Regan marveled over how much it looked like her and Claus' first house which was right next door. Latarsha fixed them a snack of cookies and milk and they chatted about pregnancies and birth and children and marriage. When evening set in Regan bid Latarsha farewell.


She decided to stop off at the place Ice shared with his Chauncy and his girlfriend. Regan was riding high on the idea of having another grandchild, she demanded to know when Ice was going to get married and have children, he told her he was waiting for them to find Nessie. 


At the main Winter house, Rudolph had invited his Sylvia over. His wife was at work, his mother was out visiting family and his father had taken Cupid for some fresh air. 


Rudolph had gotten so caught up in Sylvia that he'd lost track of time and was more than a little surprised when Claus' voice boomed behind him. The older Winter wanted to know what was going on in his house, he told his son that he did not condone adulatory. Rudolph jumped up from the couch and asked Sylvia to leave the room, then he rounded on his father. 


"I am not a child, you can't tell me about audultory and fornication."
"You're not a child but you're acting like a hormonal teenager."
"I love Sylvia okay! I love her! But I'm stuck in a loveless marraige because you put responsibility on me that I didn't even want."


"You can't blame me for this Rudolph, you were the one who chose to get married, you should have waited. You chose to accept the heirship, that's on you too."
"You forced the heirship on me, I figured, the faster I get married and have a kid the sooner I get done with this whole thing. And as far as your favor is concerned, you can do it yourself."





"You've always been rebellious Rudolph, you married Leia because you were trying to spite me and your mother. I suggested that I would like for you to be the heir, maybe I even begged you to accept this responsibility but if you weren't trying to outdo your brothers you would not have accepted. Why have me or your mother ever been able to make you do something you didn't want to?" Claus took a breath and said in a calmer voice. "Rudy, I'm just asking your to settle down and be responsible, I'm asking you to be loyal to your wife and to be a role model for your son. Stop this thing you've got going with this woman."


"No."
Claus was flabbergasted at how blatantly his son defied him. Claus was speechless, the only thing he could do was throw his arms up and take a step back.
"Sylvia is pregnant Dad, it's too late to stop anything with her even if I wanted too."
Claus was about to tell his son that he could do the responsible thing and take care of his child, but the relationship had to stop, but before he could open his mouth Sylvia walked into the room carrying Cupid.



"You woke the baby." She said dryly, she never saw her boyfriend's son but after she retreated upstairs, the yelling from down below woke the baby and she couldn't just stand there listening to him cry. When she entered the nursery she was shocked by the child. He was the spitting image of his father, but with green eyes and dark skin. 

Rudolph gave his father a sour look, "Come on Syl, I'll carry you home."


"I'm sorry." Sylvia murmured, Rudolph followed her inside and kissed her deeply.
"For what?"
"I didn't mean to cause you so much trouble."
"It's not your fault Sylvia. Dad was right, this whole mess is my own fault." He sighed, he would never admit to Claus that he was right, but he would not have Sylvia feeling guilty either.


The pair climbed into bed, "Did you mean what you said?" Sylvia asked.
"What?"
"That you love me?"
Rudolph smiled at her, "Yes I did, you're my world Sylvia." Neither of them said what they both thought, he loved her but he would never leave his wife.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, Rudolph is in such a mess. If he thought an affair was a way of escape, he's got another think coming. I can just see the baby mama drama with Sylivia. Poor, Leia, the wife is always the last to find out. It must be some law of nature or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't feel sorry for Leia which is totally not like me.
    However, Sylvia should not have continued to see Rudy after he married Leia. He made his choice and it wasn't her! Now she is pregnant and he won't leave his wife. Rudy has been immature and completely selfish. He has made so many people unhappy. So sad!

    I had to laugh when Ice told his mother that he was waiting until they find Nessie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Rudy did create one big mess and you gotta love Ice and his crazy talk.

      Delete