Friday, February 10, 2012

Winter Legacy -4.9-


"Hello Nephew." Shayne greeted his brother's son.

"Uncle." Comet nodded. 

"Oh Comet, you're here, come on." She greeted her cousin. She'd been doing terribly in school, there was this one guy she had her heart set on so she spent all day daydreaming about him.


Miriam focused her big glowing eyes on her older cousin. 

"It's nice to meet you too Miriam, in a few days time you'll be old enough to play with my little sister."


"Hey!" Cupid cornered his wife. "You're talking to me, right now."

Hayley sighed, "It's nothing, just this whole Shawn thing."

"Ah! The head vamp who wants my head."

Hayley frowned, "Do you think I would be freaking out like this if all she wanted was your head?"

"I didn't say which one." He winked.


Hayley couldn't help but smile, "You're an idiot."

"Listen Hayle, we're going to be fine. This is one of those things that'll work itself out. Shawn already has us in her clan so she can use us whenever she wants to."

"She had me hypnotize you within an inch of your sanity, all out of lust. Do you seriously believe she'll let us stay together and use us as she pleases. No. She wants you, in your entirety, your abilities--whatever they are--far surpass those of her current mate. Comet brought a figment of his imagination into relaity, as far as Shawn's concerned he's a super genius, when she finds out about his powers she will turn our son into a weapon."

"Babe..."


"Oh! Did I mention that our son pushed through my mind barriers and now he's on some kind of mission to destroy Shawn, I have no idea what he's planning but if the wrong person finds out..." She took a deep breath, "This isn't one of those things that can work itself out, not without somebody dying, not without us dying."


"You're gonna have a panic attack if you don't stop." Cupid told Hayley. "Comet can tap into anyone's brain, there's no way Shawn can surprise him. We just have to make sure that he does whatever it is he's planning cleanly so that we don't have the entire clan on our asses."

"It's not that simple."

"How about dethroning the evil queen and forming a council? You know, work toward bringing vampires into society, instead of us having to hide what we truly are."

Hayley sighed, "I dream of that."

Cupid kissed Hayley lightly, "Good, well let's work toward this goal. I'm sure we're not the only ones who want to get rid of the Wicked Witch of the West. We can get more people on board, you know, thread lightly."


Somewhere in the house, another imaginary friend was being born.


It's creator quickly got bored and went on a submarine adventure instead.


The following day Cupid and Hayley decided that they needed to speak with their son.  "So, your father and I had a little talk and we decided that destroying Shawn is for the common good."

"Babe, there's no possible way to make destroying somebody sound good." 

"Fine. Well she's an oppressor, a dictator and she needs to be done away with. She targets innocent people and have them turned into...this, she determines fates and destinies as if she's a god, everything she stands for is immoral. Take you three for instance, the only reason you were born is to fulfill one of Shawn's missions. But you're my children and I love you and I refuse to let you become pawns in a sick twisted game."

"Yeah, I'll be over there when you finally get to the point." Cupid said sarcastically and strode away.


"What I'm trying to say is this, you have no idea what you're getting into therefore your father and I wish for you to come to us with whatever you're planning. Do not act without our approval because if you mess up it'll be all of our heads."


"Is that all Mom? I've created a new species of plant, or at least I have the entire concept in my head, it's all a matter of putting together the right chemicals. It'll eat Shawn, we can call it an accident. Quick and clean."

Hayley blinked, "Um...okay...I guess."


The next night, Cupid and Hayley made their first public appearance since the Shawn incident. After their performance a young fan ran up to Cupid. "Oh my gosh! Cupid Winter! My mom said you grew up together, I can't believe it!"

Cupid looked at the girl, "Wow, you're Snowflake's kid aren't you? You look so much like your aunt Chanel."


Across town, Star was meeting Miriam she admired the girl's ponytails. The pair did not see eye to eye though, Star left her uncle's house vowing never to play with her younger cousin again.


Puzzles had come home for the weekend, he finally decided to tell his best friend his deepest secret.

"I'm gay." He blurted out.

Angel looked up at her imaginary friend with an amused look in her eyes, "You're not gay idiot, I like boys, so it's only logical that you do too."

"But Giggles likes girls."

Angel shrugged. "Well Comet likes girls, but it could be because Gio was made real before Comet realized that he liked girls." 

Puzzles tapped his bottom lip, for a moment he was deep in thought. "Well, I like Comet."

"Mmm, good luck with that." Angel finished off her meal and left the table.


Puzzles had hoped to ask Angel for a bit of advice, but he wasn't at all surprised when she left him high and dry. Without knowing how to approach Comet and let him know how he felt, he decided that flowers would be best, after all everyone liked flowers. Puzzles presented the flowers to his crush, mumbling something about thinking Comet was cute. Comet's usually hard to read face showed first confusion, then disgust, then horror, he quickly shot Puzzles down, telling him that he had a girlfriend, putting emphasis on girl.


Comet felt guilty immediately after, when he saw the hurt on Puzzles' face, but what was he supposed to do? He'd never been approached by a guy before and he was completely thrown, before he could apologize though, Puzzles ran away, eyes filled with tears.

Feeling horrible, Comet joined his mother and sister upstairs but didn't get a chance to speak to either of them because they were so busy with their instruments.


Puzzles went back to school the next morning, he was too embarrassed to face Comet and Angel for that matter.


Shayne visited his older brother, he wanted to tell Cupid how the play date he'd set up for their youngest daughters crashed and burned, but Cupid started going on about something completely different.

"I don't know if I should tell you this but I need to talk about it with someone other than Hayley." He leaned in close to his brother, "Shawn is threatening to destroy my family and I can't have that, so Hayley, Comet and I are coming up with a plan."


"Does it involve her dying?" Shayne questioned, he wanted to make sure that bitch who had him turned was near her end. He lived in fear for his wife and eldest daughter everyday and the stress of it was sending him crazy.

"Obviously."

"Then I'm down, just tell me how you want me to help."

"I want you to help by keeping your guard up and your mouth shut."


"Well Big Brother, your telling me involves me, so you'll have to give me more to go on that shutting my mouth."

"Okay. How she's gonna die, I'm not telling you, but the plan for afterwards is so enticing. Imagine a world where we won't have to hide in the darkness, where we can be vampires without people fearing us because we're supposed to be figments of their imaginations. It'll be the closest we will ever be to being human again."

"All I want to know is I won't be forced into a marriage with another vampire, I hate the chicks in this clan...I mean, other than Hayley and Amelia...and of course your girls...whatever. I mean, Shawn is planning to have me married as soon as my wife dies from old age and she's going to have Teresa turned and married off as well because she knows about me and Miriam."

"Dude, you'll be able to marry a human who will know what you are, the secrets will be gone!"

"Like I said Q, if you need my help you know how to contact me."


Comet's girlfriend, Demetria was very much amused at his story of Puzzles flirting with him. "I told you that guy was weird Comet...although there's something other than his being gay..." She rubbed her neck, her face scrunched in pain.


"Maybe you should take a break from dancing, you're always cramped." Comet said as he kneaded her back. 

Demetria sighed, "I love it the way you love your science."

"Understandable."


"Oh my God! You're such a nerd Comet." Demetria laughed at him, Comet was cute, that was how he got the girls, most ran away when he opened his mouth though.

Comet pecked her on the lip. "It's a good thing you're a closet geek then."



The pair sat on the cool marble surface, they shared their hopes and dreams. Comet stared at Demetria, he loved her so much but he had to hide his fangs and lie about his glowing eyes. She had no idea who he was, what he was and it pained him because that meant that she didn't know him.


He stared off into space, if he could go back in time, he would change this whole secret surrounding their kind, he would have everything out in the open. 

Vampirism, he discovered was a genetic trait, presently he was working on a cure, it was doable, if he had found a way to reverse death, then surely finding a cure to Vampirism should be much, much easier.


Cupid and his brother were inside, still chatting about life without Shawn. They had somehow designed the perfect vampire-human society, they had discussed laws and now they were at the politics of the matter, who would run this society? Fairness would have to be key, if not they would be right back where they started.

"One thing's for sure, before perfection there comes a mess, a mess we're creating, a mess we'll have to fix."

"Of course." Shayne agreed with his brother, he sighed. "Shawn has a lot of enemies, enemies we will have to make our allies and convince to give up their clan for a common government. Q, are you sure this is a good idea?"

4 comments:

  1. I like this new twist your legacy has taken. I laughed so hard at Puzzles and Comet. Hopefully this rejection doesn't stop him from trying in future. With a diff person of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Puzzles isn't anything he's resilient, so he'll pick himself up quickly :)

      Delete
  2. Comet's reaction to Puzzles was so funny! I felt sorry that he cried though. I just knew that he would be crazy about Angel! Boy was I wrong!

    I hope that Comet's plan works and that they are able to stop Shawn before she hurts anyone in their family.

    Comet and his girlfriend are so cute together. I wonder if Angel will fall for Gio when he comes back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last paragraph you wrote there, made me wish the story line went in another direction. But I may find a way to take the story back there...hmmm....

      Delete