Tuesday, July 3, 2012

-15-


"My grandpa died." Egypt confided in her imaginary friend Patches. "My grandma is sad and won't come out of her room. Daddy is busy with my sister and brother and Aunty Snow doesn't have time for me. You're my only friend."

"Then perhaps you should go make some...real friends."

Egypt shrugged, "I'm a social outcast Patches. I live in a tree house, that's the height of weird."

"So you don't have any friends?"

"No." Egypt sighed and left the house.


Egypt went to her favorite hangout, the park. She usually sneaked out of her yard in the middle of the night and came to the park to play. Her parents told her it was alright to stay in the tree house if she would come inside to eat and wash up, and if she did not wander off. Of course, when her family was asleep they would never know if she left. 


Egypt happened upon her cousin Maranda while in the park, she was surprised when the girl came over to her. Maranda usually avoided her in school and never told anyone she was related to the grade school freak. 

"Egypt, your mom was over at our house crying again." Maranda rolled her eyes, "Can you please keep her home? I had to cancel a play date."

Egypt blinked back the tears in her yes. "Yeah, sure Maranda." 

Maranda stuck her nose in the air and left. Egypt crouched down behind the merry-go-round and cried. 


Jaylee had not seen her mother since the funeral. She was having one of her good days and decided to go check on Jamie. When she got to her mother's house though she found a huge surprise. A rather dashing young man smiled at her form the yard. 

"You must be Jamie's daughter. I'm Mathew Dark."

Jaylee gave the young man a long hard stare, she couldn't figure out this guy's purpose. "What are you? The groundsman or something?"

"No." Mathew chuckled. "I live here."

Jaylee took a dramatic stumble backward. "You...where's my mother?" Before the young man could answer Jaylee raced into the house, flinging the door open.


"Jaylee, what on Earth has gotten into you?"

"My father has been dead less than a month and you've already moved your boyfriend into the house? What is wrong with you?" Jaylee went on and on ranting, calling her mother names, saying how disgusted she was and raising eternal hell. Jamie stood by patiently  but she never got her say. Jaylee had shouted herself to a sweaty, panting mess, then she stormed out of the house slamming the door.


Mathew sat down beside Jamie  laughing hysterically. "So, that's Jaylee Winter? She a pepper."

"That she is." Jamie sighed. 

"I'm not sure but did she call me a little human-puppy? I don't even know what that is?" Mathew chuckled. "She reminds me of my Aunt Heather's ex-boyfriend Blair." 

Jamie narrowed her eyes at the mention of Blair. "My daughter is nothing like that man!" She snapped,  "She just lost her father and father-in-law. She's upset!"

Mathew's amused smile remained plastered across his face. He was going to have fun in Sunset Valley.

___________________

Mathew Dark is from my friend Lckygrl's story Painswater Point (if you haven't checked it out yet the link is below). I fell in love with him the moment I saw him and she was nice enough to loan him to me. Thanks so much Lcky  : D


8 comments:

  1. Mathew is still handsome. Jaylee is nothing like Blair lol.

    Jaylee should have calmed down to found out what Mathew was doing there.

    Thanks for this update it was great. Still LMAO :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jaylee is far from calm with everything that's been going on in her life lately

      Delete
  2. It was weird and great at the same time seeing Matthew in your story. I agree with Lckygrl, Jaylee needs to take a chill pill before she has another meltdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie knows Blair? I like how the two stories will twist together having Mathew there in Claus' world. I guess Jaylee expected some grief on Jamie's part, I can understand her being upset a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Jamie is a centuries old vampire, she's lost so many people she loved she learnt how to break the hurt.

      Delete
  4. I know Matthew can't be Jamie's boyfriend! I may not have liked her, but she loved Erik. I know that there is no way that she would be ready to move on to someone else this quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaylee needs someone to lash out at and poor Matt just showed up in town so that makes him the under dog.

      Delete