Thursday, May 31, 2012

-4-


Sim-Fest was Jaylee's chance to make a mark on Sunset Valley. If she could get herself booked as entertainment to celebrity parties, it would really help her cause. However, upon her arrival, Jaylee realized that she would not have to wait as long as she thought to start making the contacts she desired. Monika Morris, a fast rising star was performing when Jaylee entered and the woman would fit perfectly into her plans.


The pale skinned blond stood out in the crowd, there was something about her that drew Monika in. Her glowing eyes gave her away, she and Monika were kin. Monika had seen many vampires in Sunset Valley, but they were strangers, choosing to mingle with humans rather than their own kind, for this reason, Monika was curious about the young woman's intense gaze.


As soon as the round of applause subsided and Monika left the stage, she found the blond in the crowd. "Do I know you?" She asked although she was pretty sure that she did no know her.

"No you don't. My name is Jaylee Winter."

Before Jaylee could continue speaking Monika held up a hand, she had heard the name before but she couldn't exactly remember where. Just when she was about to give up on searching her memories though, it hit her. This young lady was the baby that was born to prominent doctors Jamie Jolie and Erik Darling. Jaylee's birth rocked the vampire world, she was the first baby born in millienia. 

"I've heard of you. I'm pretty sure that every vampire has. You are a miracle in our community. Now, I must ask, what do you want from me?"

"Monika, it is obvious that you are very talented and you're going somewhere. I gave you about a year before you've established yourself as a celebrity."

"Thank you very much. But what does that have to do with you?"



"May I?" Jaylee asked. Monika nodded and allowed Jaylee entry into her consciousness. Jaylee released a flood of images into the other woman's mind. Her visions for the future, a future where humans knowingly existed alongside vampires. A future where there was no need to hide to consume blood, natural or synthetic. They will know us Monika, they will walk with us. Then Jaylee withdrew from the other woman's mind.

"Your husband, he is human isn't he?"

"Yes."

"Did you ever consider turning him?"

"I love my husband just the way he is. I do fear losing him, it is inevitable. It would be selfish of me to give him a lifetime in the shadows."

"Do you have children?"

"Yes. I have a daughter, and she is already condemned."

"If there were no secrets, you would turn your husband wouldn't you? You would make him a vampire in a heartbeat for your own selfish desire to be with him and for your daughter, you would not allow her to lose her father."

"That is correct."

"Ethics would have to be considered Jaylee. I'm sure vampires and humans alike would have a problem with turning a human. You were born a vampire Jaylee, no, you're a hybrid. I'm going to tell you something I'm sure you've heard before; newborn vampires are dangerous, don't you ever create one. I support your cause though, I'm tired of hiding, limiting myself."

"Thank you Monika, and I do understand."


"What do you mean you're not allowing any more acts into your show? You've already told my sister that she could perform! As her manager I demand that you let her in this show." Erika flung her arms in the air, fighting the urge to knock the woman in her head. "Do you hear me talking to you?"


Jaylee entered the backroom just as the bar owner jumped from her seat. "What's going on?" Jaylee asked looking from her sister to the woman.

"She say's you can't perform." Erika shouted. 

"Why the sudden change?" Jaylee asked calmly.

"I got a call directly from the mayor saying that it would be in my best interest to keep you and your act out of my bar. I don't know what you're involved with but I would appreciate it if you would leave."

Jaylee's eyes narrowed but she refrained from lashing out. "I understand. I apologize for my sister's actions, it's the hormones."

Erika grabbed her round stomach. "Are you serious? You're just going to let her get away with what she's doing to you? And don't you apologize for me, you know I would tell this bitch about her ass even if I weren't about to drop a load."

"Let's go Erika." Jaylee grabbed her sister's arm and led her outside. She walked a still ranting Erika to her car and waved her sister off."


Jaylee was about to head to her own car when a man blocked her path. "Jaylee Darling-Winter?"

"It's Jaylee Winter, and you are?"

"My name is Connor Frio, I'm an investigative reporter. Somebody told me about this thing that you are trying to do and I must commend you. News of what you're doing has already traveled, and it has traveled far. There are some of us who would be more than happy to assist you, but for your sake and ours I must ask that you keep a low profile."

"Connor Frio, I have seen your work and I must say that you are quite the trouble maker. I am honored that you would even consider helping me."

"It is no problem at all."

6 comments:

  1. Whoa! It looks like Vita doesn't play games, I think Jaylee messed with wrong woman this time. But I do admire her determination and her crusade to change the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Vita is in a position of power, and it's no secret that politicians play dirty

      Delete
  2. So far, no other vampire seems to see things Jaylee's way. I hope that Vita's opposition doesn't make her give up though.

    Is Connor a vamp too? I hope that she is finally finding an ally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Connor and Monika are both vampires :) but two allies compared to Vita's hundreds are nothing

      Delete
  3. Jaylee is having trouble convincing them about her concerns :(

    Put her as a magician is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to play with one of my showtime careers, but having her as a magician turned out awesomely!!!

    ReplyDelete