Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Winter Legacy -Finale-


"Why am I still throwing up?" Jaylee moaned and blinked back tears. 

Claus sighed, Jaylee had been miserable for months, she vomited, her feet were sometimes swollen and her back hurt all the time.

Jaylee managed to squeak something her husband couldn't understand and burst into tears. Claus rubbed her shoulders in a feeble attempt to calm her down. 


The sun was coming up when Claus finally got his wife settled, he stumbled downstairs and was happy to find that Agnes had already made breakfast. He grabbed a plate and sat with his mother at the table to eat. 

"Morning baby." Agnes greeted her son. "Don't you have work this morning?"

"Yup."

"Did you get any rest last night?"

"Nope."

"You work all day and sit up all night with Jay, you need your rest Claus."

"I know, but Jay needs me. It's not long before she has the baby now and then you and Pops will be able to help out." Agnes stared at her son so long he became uncomfortable. "What?"

The aged woman smiled proudly. "Nothing." Here was Claus, doing exactly what Erik did but yet he still found time for his family. "Don't you worry about Jay, we'll take care of her today."


"How are you this evening?" Snowie asked as she plopped down beside her sister in law.

"I'm doing better than last night, I even managed to keep some soup down."

"That's good. What's it like being pregnant? I mean besides all the...sickness and stuff."




Jaylee shrugged, "You'll probably have to ask Erika." Then Jaylee smiled, "The baby moves now, it causes heartburn and sometimes when it moves it causes terrible cramps, but feeling my baby move...I won't trade that for the world and I know once I get to hold my baby this whole thing will be worth it."

"I think I want a baby."

"Oh hell no. You keep your legs closed. You are going to help me and Erika raise our kids. Added bonus, you get to experience the sleepless nights when its your turn with this baby."  


"I swear to God, Snowie if I so much as dream that you're out there trying to get pregnant I'll find your father and give him your boyfriend's address. I'll make sure that he hunts that boy down and beat him to a pulp and you, I'll deal with your myself. And when I'm done with you I'll tell Jack that you're having sex. Oh goodness, baby are you having sex?"

Snowie stared at Jaylee, frightened at how quickly the woman went from being angry at her to nearly crying from heartbreak. "No Jay, calm down. And won't if you tell Dad that I'm trying to get pregnant...isn't that basically telling him that I'm having sex?"

"No Mouthpiece, I said I'll tell Jack Wassisface's address...pay attention."

Snowie blinked. "Jaylee, you're crazy. I'm going to bed."


Jaylee had a good night, she slept the entire night and most of the morning. When she woke up, Agnes had breakfast ready and a spa coupon. "Your husband said to give you this coupon." 


After her day at the spa, Jaylee decided that maybe she should spend the rest of the day in town. She visited the park and then stopped to grab a book on pregnancy and parenting from the bookstore.


On her way home she happened upon her mother. Jaylee didn't think for one minute that her running into Jamie was an accident. "Mom."

"Jaylee, you didn't come to see me."

"Yeah..." She sighed. "I'm sorry."

"You're not. You're pregnant."

"I am." 

"You're talking to me because you need help."

"That's what mothers are supposed to do isn't it?"


"Jaylee, I want you to want me because you're my daughter. I want you to want me to have a relationship with my grandchild. Troubled times are coming sweetheart, we're going to need each other a lot more in the future. I did not send you away because I didn't want the trouble of having a child underfoot, I sent you away because I love you, you're my only child."


Jamie ran a hand across her daughter's round stomach. "And I love my granddaughter already. I love her so much. So, so much."

"Mom? Are you okay? What...what do you know?" Jamie walked away as if in a trance, never answering Jaylee's question.


"Claus." Jaylee said when she got home. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"I spoke to my mother today."

"Really?"

"Claus, something is going to happen, something bad."

"Why do you think so?"

"It's just the vibe I got from my mom."

"Can she see the future or something?"

"No. She has a sense of foreboding, and who will be affected, she's never sure of where it will come from or what will happen."

"That's convenient. Maybe we'll just have a troubled teen."

"Claus, there's a huge chance that our child is not going to be human." She sat beside Claus and sighed. "I just hope we're ready for whatever is coming our way." 

6 comments:

  1. Jaylee is looking lovely pregnancy is agreeing with her.

    Her mum is worried about her but is she over reacting maybe but maybe not :)

    Loved it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sticking with me this season Lckygrl. I really enjoyed your comments.

      Delete
  2. I laughed throughout Jaylee's conversation with Snowie! She thought Jaylee was crazy!

    Claus is being a better husband to Jaylee than Eric was to Agnes. That means that Eric could have done better too, but Claus has his own father's good example as a husband and father to follow!

    I am glad that Jamie explained to Jaylee why she sent her away. That comment she made about bad things happening when she touched Jaylee has me worried. Now I can't wait till next season! I want to know what's going to happen!

    Loved it like always, Pixx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaylee and Snowie have an awesome relationship. And I think I'll give a summary of next season but it hasn't taken shape yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lckygrl, Jaylee carries her pregnancy well. She looks too darn cute with her big tummy. I wonder what Jaime was on about, it can't be good I guess, she seemed pretty convinced something bad is coming their way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jamie doesn't even know what she was going on about but it will be something bad.

      Delete