Sunday, May 6, 2012

Winter Legacy -32-


The day Erika became Mrs. Frederick Gunderson could not possibly be more beautiful. The sound of the sea was soothing, a wonderful sea breeze whipped through the guests' hair. The only thing that made the day better for Frederick was the surprised look on Erika's face Agnes brought her in.

"What's going on Freddy, what's all this?" Erika looked up at the wedding arch, it was obvious that it was a wedding but who throws a surprise wedding. Frederick of course!


Agnes got the ceremony started with a scripture reading, after which the guests awwwed over the the show of affection the bride and groom displayed. Frederick gave his vows first, half way through them his bride burst into tears, she was so moved that her vows weren't even understandable.

"How did you pull this off?" Erika managed whispered to her almost-husband. His reply was a grin and a wink.


"Just tell me that you're happy." He murmured back.

"It's impossible for me to be any happier Frederick." Erika said and pulled her high school lover in for a kiss.


The guests stood up and applauded when the couple finally said their vows.


The sun set, the guests made their way over to the reception area. Erik stood contented that he had gotten to see on of his daughter's weddings. Jaylee was still acting strange around him and Jamie refused to see her daughter. Erik couldn't help but wonder if he'd made the right choice by agreeing with his wife, she assured him that it was for Jaylee's own good, and the vampire community confused him greatly.


Agnes went over to the bar and mixed a couple drinks. "Are you okay baby?" She asked when she caught the far away look in Erika's eyes.

"What? Oh, yeah, I'm fine."


But in truth, Erika could not be further from fine. She had not been in the same space as both her parents since they were married. They went to great lengths to avoid  each other. The flash of light brought Erika back to the present. "Go away!" She snapped at the photographer and practically ran away.


Jaylee easily sprinted in front of her sister and blocked her path.

"Erika, what's going on with you? It's your wedding night, you just married the love of your life but you're upset so don't you dare tell me you're fine."

"I don't know." Erika panted while she fought her tears. "It never bothered me before, my parents divorce, but now...I don't know. What's wrong with me Jay?"

Jaylee pulled her older sister in for a hug. "Erika? Frederick loves you, and I'm sure you love him. You won't be like Agnes and Daddy. You two are going to have a long, happy marriage. Your kids will play with mine and Claus' and we'll all sit together on the park and watch our grand kids play."

"Jay," Erika murmured. "Tell me I'm going to be a good mother."

"This baby is going to love you, and you'll be an awesome mother...like Jack."

The two shared a laugh, then Erika gave her sister a curious look, "Jaylee, how do you know that I'm pregnant? I haven't even told Frederick yet."

"Oh my gosh! Where's Claus?  I told Agnes to keep him away from the bar!"

8 comments:

  1. Yeah they had a beautiful wedding and she's pregnant hooray :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice wedding and I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading, I'm so happy you enjoyed it

      Delete
  3. Beautiful wedding! I'm glad that Jaylee reassured her that her marriage would not be like Erik and Agnes'. Can't wait to see their baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I have no idea what my Winters would do without Jaylee. You'll see their baby soon enough :)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful wedding. I can understand Erika's fears about marriage but she needs to remember she's her own person, and not like her parents at all.

    ReplyDelete