Saturday, April 14, 2012

Winter Legacy -12-


Agnes did not have a bachelorette party the first time she got married, and she certainly wasn't expecting one for the second time around, but the biggest surprise was the person who threw the surprise party for her.


Jamie had found herself seeking Agnes' approval, it was ridiculous, she had been around before Agnes' great-grandmother was even conceived, yet she craved forgiveness and acceptance by her husband's ex-wife. Agnes assured her that there were no hard feelings, she'd moved on and Jamie and Erik should too.


The party heated up when the dancer arrived, the girls crowded into the kitchen and shrieked as the man started to take his clothes off.


Erik and Jack were friends, pretty good friends too which is why Erika's revelation about her father surprised him. Erik had thrown a bachelor party for Jack.


When the dancer arrived Jack couldn't help but give her a second and third glance, but he knew to be on his guard where Erik was concerned, the beautiful woman was obviously a trap. But why was Erik doing this? Why was he trying so hard to ruin Jack's relationship with Agnes?


When the woman whipped out her hair and started doing a jig it hit Jack, Erik was still in love with Agnes, he'd never stopped loving her.


It was the day before the wedding when Agnes fell for another man. Her grand-nephew was the most handsome thing she'd ever seen. He was clearly Mortimer's son, Agnes remembered her nephew crying for toys and throwing tantrums when he couldn't get what he wanted and this baby was doing that exact same thing.


She picked up the boy and bounced him lightly until he calmed down, his bottom lip stuck out letting her know that he was glad for the attention but he still wanted the toy.

Later other parents came to collect their children but Mortimer called asking Agnes to keep his son a bit late because he and Bella had to work late, Agnes of course had no problem doing that.


Agnes had just put her grand-nephew down for a nap when a smelly Claus arrived home. "I got skunked!" He announced proudly and pointed to his brand new badge. 

"Why is there a badge for that?" Agnes frowned, "Go sit in the tub, I'll get the bleach."


After scrubbing her son five times, she was finally able to stand to be around Claus without holding her breath, she let him out of the bathroom and they sat down to dinner. 

"What are you doing? Aren't you eating?" Agnes asked Erika.

"Hmm? Oh, no, I'm watching Pops' game on the internet."

"Erika go eat."

"She doesn't have to eat Mom, she's fat enough now."

"Claus!" They both shouted at the same time.


Mortimer arrived for his son some time later. "You let him sleep?" He whined. "He's gonna keep me up the entire night now."

"Bella is going to take care of him."

"He's to me what your kids are to Jack."


Jack came home late that night, exhausted after his game but willing to spend some time with his son who'd waited for him all night. "Okay kid, bedtime we've all got a long day tomorrow."


When the big day finally arrived, Erik managed to corner Agnes. "Are you sure you want to go through with this?"

Agnes stared at her ex-husband. "I'm pretty sure that I do. Why are you even asking me this?"

"I just want to make sure you're happy, and that my daughter is happy."

"We're fine Erik."


"Are you sure?"

"Erik."

"I mean, you're not just getting married because you're a forty-three year old woman or because you have a son with him?"

"I'm marrying Jack because I love him.You married the mother of your daughter and now I'm marrying the father of my son, the man that I love." With that she stepped around him and went outside to start her bridal march to the arch.


The guests all agreed that the evening ceremony was lovely, they noted Agnes' and Jack's matching outfits and the flirtatious glances the couple kept giving each other.


The next morning things went back to normal for the Winters. "Daddy! I need you to take me to scout meeting."

Jack gave his son a hard look and wondered if 'please' ever killed anyone. "No."


"Pllleeeaasseee!!!" Claus sang fixing his father with his huge gray eyes, so much so that Jack lost the ability to deny his son anything. 

"Fine." He sighed and allowed the boy to hug him.


Across town someone else had learnt the power of the the puppy dog eyes. "Pppplleeeeeaaassseee play with me Erika. You're the bestest big sister in the world."


Erika sighed, "Fine, but be careful of the hair, I just got it done."

"Yay!" Jaylee scrambled onto the bed and grabbed two pillows, she tossed one to her older sister then proceeded to beat Erika mercilessly with the other one.


Jack got a new haircut the next day, he checked himself out in the mirror and was pleased with what he saw. He had aged gracefully, besides the smile lines his faced looked pretty much the same, and the new haircut helped a lot. 


"Happy birthday Pops." Erika yelled when she arrived home. "My aren't you dashing."

"Oh thank you, you're too kind." He grinned at his step-daughter. 

"So, the big four-oh, I remember when Mom turned forty, she was depressed for weeks." Erika frowned. "Wait, you're younger than Mom?"

"Way to go Sherlock, looks like we've got a genius in the house."

"Careful Jack, your sarcasm's showing."



4 comments:

  1. I'm starting to sound like a stuck record, but I adore Jack and Erika so much, they have a beautiful relationship. I was surprised Jaimee threw the bachelorette party for Agnes, poor girl is really trying to mend fences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was too, I threw a party and she showed up and became the life of the party lol it was weird

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was nice of Jamie to throw the party for Agnes, but I think she feels guilty. Erica is her stepdaughter though, so she does need to have a good relationship with Agnes. I do respect her for that.

    Still don't like Jamie though! Maybe I should say that I don't like what she did. She knew that Eric was married when she went after him. I just can't stand women like that! Even though I realize that Eric and Agnes were to blame too! Jamie is trying to make the situation better now. I do think that is the right thing to do!

    Eric is still in love with Agnes, but Agnes has really moved on now! I wonder how his feelings for Agnes will effect his relationship with Jamie. I think that too many people will be hurt again if he doesn't leave well enough alone. He just had to have Jamie, well he has her now!

    Sorry about the long comment! It was a great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually appreciate the long comment. And at least I know that there's a soft spot in your heart for Jamie

      Delete