Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Winter Legacy -9-


"Don't tickle Mommy!" Claus squealed as his mother tickled his ribs.

"Okay honey, let's see what your sister's up to."


"I'm going over to Daddy's house!" Erika shouted to her mother.

"But I just got home."

"I know, but if I don't catch up with him now I won't because he'll be working later." Erika explained.

"Fine. Go. But be careful while you're going through the town."

"I always am Mom."


"Hey little girl." Erik greeted Erika.

"Hello doctor man." She said with a wide smile and pranced into Erik's arms.

"Are you coming in to play with your sister?"

"No, it's late Mom is gonna want me home."

"Why is Jack going to be there again?" Erik asked bitterly.

"No, she doesn't want me out alone in the dark. I'll see you later Dad."


Jamie arrived home just as Erika was leaving, "She doesn't like me does she?" She asked Erik. Erik shrugged, it really did seem as if Erika disliked Jamie, and Erik couldn't help but wonder if Agnes was feeding his daughter negitive things about his girlfriend.


Erika went home and donned her royal attire, the truth was she just liked to be left alone. She was familiar with the house that she'd grown up in and she the people who were constantly around her knew her the best, they would not interrupt her when she went off on her own like her father always did. Erik always asked her if she were feeling okay or if she were upset and it annoyed her.


Claus also like to spend time alone, but he liked to be around people a lot more than his sister did. 


Erika especially liked to spend time in her room, Jack had added it onto the house and decorated the walls and floors in her favorite color. She loved her room, it was her own little kingdom, filled with butterflies and tree decals.


She really liked Jack too, he was the only one who could get her out of her room when she was in one of her moods. His job whenever he was over was to help her with her homework. Jack spoiled her and he didn't care how much Agnes scolded him for doing it.


That was how she got three princess outfits for her birthday, she really couldn't choose between the dresses, she adored all of them, Jack had no problem paying for all of them and helping Erika to smuggle them into her room.


"How're things in the kingdom today Your Highness?" Jack asked, placing a plate of spaghetti in front of her before sitting down to a plate of his own.

"Mmm, it's certainly seen better days, a bit of a drought you see, but my court and I are working on a solution." 

Jack and Agnes gave each other amused looks, the girl's maturity never ceased to amaze them.

"Queen Erika, this peasant requests permission for Lord Jack to move into the castle." Agnes put in.

"Really?" Erika asked, her eyes opening to the size of saucers, royal drawl gone. 

"Yeah, your mom could really use some help with you and your brother."

"Yay!" Erika squealed, suddenly she cleared her throat, "I mean, I must meet with my court first."


Jack went to find Claus after his bath, the boy had been sitting in front of the television. "Bedtime kiddo."

"No." 

"Don't you tell me no boy." Jack shifted his son onto a hip.


Claus had his mother's hair and his eyes had faded to a lovely gray, but he was clearly Jack Winter's child.


"Jack, turn down the volume on that computer." Agnes scolded.

"If I do are you going to play with me later?" He winked naughtily causing Agnes to smile.



Jack was also a big hit with Agnes' daycare kids. "He won't let me change him." She told Jack. 

"Leave then, I've got them."

"Don't forget Cornelia's party tonight."

"Oh yes, I finally meet the infamous Cornelia Goth."



At the party, Agnes managed to pull her sister away from Vita Alto. "So, remember how you were asking me who's Claus' father and I told you he was Jack Winter and you said the cute contractor then walked away?"

"You brought him to my party?"

"Where is all of this harshness coming from? You have no reason to hate Jack."

"No reason than he's one of the biggest players in town and my little sister is probably going to get her heart broken again."

"He was the biggest player in town but he changed for me, he loves the kids and he won't do anything to lose them."

"Mmm." Cornelia muttered, "I'm going to make a salad."




After Agnes told him about her encounter with Cornelia, Jack figured that maybe he should go find Agnes' sister himself. 

"Hi, I'm Jack Winter I'm...Excuse me, are you ignoring me?" He got no answer. "I'll take that as a yes, well, seeing as how you're not going to say anything I guess I'm just going to have to keep on talking. As I was saying, I'm Jack Winter, I'm the father of Claus Winter, I love your sister and that alone is enough for me to love Erika and treat her like my own daughter. I was going to ask your blessing before I ask your sister to marry me, but obviously I'm not going to get it, and I'm sure as hell not going to let your bad attitude stop me from being happy, and Agnes makes me happy, do you get me? Good."


Cornelia finished preparing her salad and stepped past Jack, he couldn't help but smirk, if Cornelia Goth had any idea where Jack came from and what he went through, she'd know that snubbing him wouldn't hurt him at all.


Meanwhile in the garden, another couple was taking that step toward a forever together.

6 comments:

  1. Erica is adorable. No wonder Jack is crazy about her too! Hmm, she doesn't like Jamie that much either! LOL

    I hope that Cornelia is wrong about Jack and then he won't break Agnes' heart. I think it would break Erica and Claus' hearts too!

    I do want Erik to be happy also, but not with Jamie!

    Little Mortimer is engaged too!

    Great chapter, Pixx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Daisies, you've got yourself an ally in Jamie-hating ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know, you'll meet someone twice as cute as she is in due time ;)

      Delete
  3. Erika is adorable. Claus is adorable. Jack is adorable, I don't blame Agnes. hehe.... Cornelia can't play nice :(
    Erika likes to be alone and Erik didn't like her to be.
    Maybe I am reading too much into it, but Erik seems to have a bit of a dominating personality. I hope it works out for Agnes and Jack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't going to be much more of Erik anymore, I neglected him....

      Delete